Remodeling your kitchen can be an exciting endeavor, but it does require a great deal of work. This is why it’s so important to hire experts you can trust for your kitchen remodeling in Olympia. Planning is the key to making your kitchen remodel a success, and when you work with a Brooks Plumbing expert from the very beginning of your remodeling process, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
So what kinds of tips should be kept in mind when remodeling your kitchen?
Let’s take a look:
- Design traffic patterns that work – think about how people walk around your kitchen, and make sure that when you design your kitchen, you have walkways wide enough. Typically, regular walking paths should be at least 36 inches, and areas where you cook should be anywhere from 42-48 inches.
- Make sure the microwave is at the right height – it sounds like a small item, but the microwave is used very frequently and if it’s installed at an inconvenient height, it could irk you for years. Children and the cook(s) in your home factor a lot into the placement of your microwave, so make sure you include them in your planning.
- Plan for clearance – there is nothing more frustrating that having a beautiful kitchen that isn’t fully operable because of cabinets that won’t fully open because there isn’t enough clearance for the doors.
- Include “landing space” on your counters – we all need space to put our food when cooking, yet this is an oft-overlooked item when planning your kitchen. The simple rule is that there should be 15 inches of countertop space on either side of your stove and refrigerator.
- Plan for recycling – just about every town has recycling requirements at this point, so make yours easy by planning separate spaces for your garage and recycling containers.
- Make sure you have enough outlets – outlets can often be forgotten about, so make sure you have enough outlets to make your kitchen as useful as you need it.
Your kitchen remodel should be as functional as it is attractive, and when you work with a trained expert from Brooks Plumbing on your kitchen remodel, your needs will be paramount to the overall plan.
Ready for a new kitchen?
Call us today and schedule an appointment to get a kitchen remodeling for your Olympia home.